Monday, June 7, 2010

*this one doesn't have a name*


And Hansel said to Gretel: “Let us drop these bread crumbs so that together we can find our way home. Because losing our way would be the most cruel of things.” This year I lost my way.
That’s a line from One Tree Hill. It rings true for me though. I have lost my way. I have lost my passion. I have lost all the things that mean so much to me.
I have lost myself.
I didn’t want to admit it to myself, much less to anyone else. But I had to. Because admittance is the first step to recovery right?
And so, after a week spent in a drunken and/or stoned stupor, I managed to epiphanize (that’s not a word is it?). I’m withdrawing from my courses for the sem, who knows, maybe I won’t even be back next sem. I’m going to find myself again, do all the things that make me happy.
Write.
Sew.
Paint.
Play on the swings at my grandma’s house and remember what it’s like to be a child again.
Discover new music.
Rediscover old time favourites.
Relearn the monologue at the beginning of Rock and Rolla…
I’m going to find my way before I get even more lost. And sure, there’s probably an evil witch lurking somewhere in this forest that is life, waiting to eat me up. But that’s the best part about fairy tales; everyone lives happily ever after in the end =)
Except the bad guys.
They just die tragic deaths and go to fairy tale hell =P
xx

[listening to: Eet - Regina Spektor

3 comments:

  1. i'm here every step of the way bub...you can count on that. and i'm praying for u...whether u want me to or not. youre gonna make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't think of any reason why i wouldn't want you to (=
    thanks love!xx

    ReplyDelete