Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ready For Love...

Before I begin, isn’t this like the best song ever? Well, maybe not ever, but it is pretty awesome. And just for the record, I’m talking about the India. Arie one, not the one by Bad Company or Cascada.
I think I’m ready for love. Now I know what you’re thinking L.A, you’re like whoa, slow down there horsie!, but let me explain. I don’t mean that I’m ready to jump into something really deep right now, just that I’m ready to love again, and to be loved. And when I meet someone that I think is going to be worth my time, I'm going to ever – so – slowly ease into things and let love happen if it’s meant to.
I haven’t read The Secret so I’m not so sure how this Power of Attraction thing works but I think it has something about telling the universe exactly what you want. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, I can’t be assed to Google it… but for the purpose of this post and my current train of thought, let’s just go with what I said.
So listen up Universe, this is what I want!
I want a man who will treat me with absolute respect; I’m tired of taking shit from guys.
I want a man who will laugh at my jokes… even the really dumb ones… especially the really dumb ones.
I want a man who will appreciate the music that I love. I’m not asking him to love it, just to appreciate it.
I want a man who can quote my favorite lyrics to me.
I want a man who I can sit with in silence and there’s no awkwardness.
I want a man who I can talk to for hours non – stop. About everything and nothing.
I want a man to kiss in the rain.
I want a man with lips that beg me to kiss them… thick, juicy lips… like Jeremih… yum =)
I want a man to go on walks with; our hands in each other’s back pockets.
I want a man who smells real good. The kind of guy who makes me want to jump his bones just by catching a whiff of his cologne.
I want a man who is much taller than I am. But I’ll settle for just slightly taller than me when I’m in my 6 – inch heels =)
While I’m on that point, I want a man with a sexy body. I don’t mean washboard abs but a nice, tight body would be appreciated… and nice arms… and thighs… ;)
I want a man who will inspire me to paint like I used to.
I want a man who I will want to write soppy poetry about. I haven’t had that in a long while.
I want a man who will make fun of all my little strange habits but love me for them anyway.
I want a man who will get along with my family. Especially my mum… and my brothers.
I want a man who will be completely honest with me, even though the truth might hurt me.
I want a man who will understand when I turn into a bitch every 28 days or so.
I want a man who would sit through all my favorite movies over and over even though he doesn’t care much for them, but just because he knows how much I love them… like Grease… especially Grease…
I want a man who will make me feel like I’m discovering love for the first time…

Hold up Universe, I’ve got finals to read for, can I get back to you when I’m done?
P.S: I want to pass my finals!

…Lately I’ve been thinking
Maybe you’re not ready for me
Maybe you think I need to learn maturity
They say watch what you ask for
Cause you might receive
But if you ask me tomorrow
I’ll say the same thing…

5 comments:

  1. hehe!thats a long list,albeit rather unrealistic..but none the less,its good to know wat u want..
    btw wat are u doing to prepare urself for that guy,just asking

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha,i know finding someone who fits all that exactly is impossible,i'm just letting the Universe know what i want,even a guy with just 3 of those is good enough =P
    good question,i have NO idea how to prepare myself! suggestions? what do guys look for in girls??

    ReplyDelete
  3. it depends on the individual..can only give my personal attributes;
    must share same core values-i.e spiritual
    must be able to carry herself well in public
    must know wat she wants in life..
    must have a nice rare view-this one i cant compromise on;am a sucker for a nice ass
    and since am cacophobic(i.e fear of ugliness)sh emust be good looking..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Universe says "You can't have that man.. why? coz he already has a BOYFRIEND!"

    ReplyDelete