Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Part of the 12 – step program is to admit to our shortcomings. So I’m going to fess up to one of my major ones…
I get physical too fast. Now I don’t mean that I jumped in the sack with every single guy, but I have on three occasions been guilty of that.
Most recently was Seximus Prime. Sure, I’ve known him for years but in the words of my best friend, I wouldn’t have died if I made him wait before he got his hands on the goods.
Then there was G.I. Joe, the guy who was responsible for most of my heartbreak last year. We never really dated but we were somewhat exclusive. We liked each other but he thought I was too wild for him and I didn’t exactly try to prove him wrong. We left things hanging but the last time I saw him, he was with some other girl and acted like I was part of the wall hangings.
And there was my ex. The Bastard. We did the do only a week or so after we met. Sure, we dated for more or less two years but I consider it a monumental waste of time and he left me deeply emotionally scarred.
Anyway, I digress.
Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? Case in point, G.I. Joe; he got a years worth of the mattress mambo without committing to me. And Seximus Prime, who I know I’d boink again, given the chance, fully knowing the chances of him committing are as slim as that Olsen twin with the eating disorder. Clearly, there is no need to buy the whole cow. Sure, it would be awesome to have cheese and butter, and later tasty beef burgers and leather… but those are all frills that guys can live without, or simply get from another cow.
I’m not easy, I sometimes just get carried away, but I really need to figure out a way to make a transition from being the hook up girl to being the girlfriend. I’m lonely; I want someone to cuddle with and to stay up all night talking to. I don’t want to constantly worry if I’m overstepping my boundaries and if I’m acting too girlfriendy…
The next step? To fix the flaws… so I’m consciously trying to ignore my cherry and pay more attention to common sense…

PS: methinks L.A should get out of my head, our blog posts are starting to sound a lot alike =P

4 comments:

  1. well, you definitely said what i was certainly thinking...
    so step one: admitting our short comings...thats something to mull on...

    P.S. like the new layout, pic, about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogworld love unfolding??? L.A...you found your match online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ L.A...it's not easy, believe me... and thanks :)
    @ Gikobwa, L.A and I go way back, our brains are on the same wavelength :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. weird,as L.A n College girl are trying to get out of the casual hookups,I on the other hand for some reason am being drawn into them...

    ReplyDelete