Monday, March 1, 2010

Of Princes and Frogs (random thoughts of a very stoned college girl)


I recently watched The Princess and the Frog; cute movie… and it got me thinking about how the whole kissing a frog scenario works in real life. You meet a guy, obviously with his imperfections, but somehow things work out and you turn him into your prince and you live happily ever after (this period of time is very relative). And there’s the frogs that you kiss that don’t exactly turn out to be princes, but you count as “experience” because you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince right? That saying is horribly cliché.
One of my prudish friends asked how you can tell which frog is your prince without all the kissing and so I’m letting my mind wander off into that place where there’s a very thin line between nonsense and epiphanies… (I smoked a fat joint earlier and I’m still pretty stoned.) Thanks to National Geographic, we all know to avoid the brightly colored frogs because those are generally the poisonous ones. Although sometimes we let all the pretty colors fool us and allow the toxicity into our lives (case in point; Seximus Prime)
Assuming we play it safe and stick t the normal green, slimy amphibians, we might just be kissing someone else’s frog and then there’s some time and energy that you’ll never get back… and then what if someone’s kissing your prospective frog prince, or is at least trying to? Do you wait your turn even though you’re not sure he’s the right one for you? Or do you leave things up to fate because eventually your frog will have to turn into a prince ergo you’ll have to find him and give him that transforming kiss… shit, I’m really stoned, haha!!

I partied with T.D.H over the weekend. Things have been going pretty great and all our friend think we should get together but there is one problem… actually a couple of problems. One is that I’m being seriously cock – blocked by a mutual acquaintance that, believe it or not, has the same name as me. So the whole night even when he was trying to talk to me, she’d jump in. I’m not one to fight for a guy’s attention so I continued to party with everyone else and tried my best to ignore it… the other problem is that he has some habits, and there’s one in particular, that I’m not cool with. Sorry to be so vague but I don’t want to out him… the problem that worries me the most is that he might convince me to try said bad habit (I have insatiable curiosity and that gets me into loads of trouble) and it’s something that I would not be very proud of, not to mention my friends and family would kill me if they ever found out.
So my potential prince is still a frog and I’m not sure if my kiss will turn him, or if it’ll turn me into a frog instead…

2 comments:

  1. i'm all for being vague but shit girl you have to clue me in!!!! and hey, if its any consolation, you dont sound THAT stoned...holla at your boy!
    and BT Dub, watched the frog movie as well the other day...sweet like you said but not a fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll clue you in when i have my thoughts together :p
    the frog movie wasn't one of Disney's best but it was entertaining enough

    ReplyDelete